Wednesday, March 26, 2014

To The Cashiers That Get Yelled At About Prices:

I'm sure a lot of you have worked in retail at some point. I'm sure that you had to deal with customers that bitched about the prices. I have personally dealt with it myself. It's extremely annoying. Today, I was shopping at Walmart to get some pet food and a new flat iron. While waiting in the checkout line, the customer in front of me was screaming at the cashier. The cashier looked like she was in high school. She stood there in complete silence while the woman screamed at her about their pricing being too high. I was very tempted to punch the chick. The cashier should have been givin' an award for not hopping over the counter and punching that bitch's lights out. The girl was being as sweet as can be to the woman by kindly explaining to her that she is just a cashier and does not decided on the prices and how it is all corporate control. Unfortunately, the woman would not even give her a chance to speak. The girl even said that she could get her manager to come and speak with her. The woman would not shut the hell up. Eventually, I lost my temper.
"Ma'am, she is trying to explain to you that she has no control over the prices of their products and you won't even give her the time of day to even talk. Give her a chance to explain or go to the customer service desk and file a complaint," I told her.
The woman just glared at me. I wanted her to take a swing at me. Instead, the woman stomped out of the store.
Whenever you go to Walmart, Krogers, Walgreens, CVS, and so on, keep in mind, corporations set the prices based on supply and demand and also based on location. Do not take it out on the employees. Also, be sure you are looking at the price tag before you grab shit off the shelf. If you do that, you won't look like a huge dumbass when you go to check out.

No comments:

Post a Comment